Breakfast of Champions
Barbacoa Breakfast Tacos
There is nothing better then a tasty breakfast in the mornings and a hot cup of coffee! A few days back I had a pork loin that I cooked for 8 hours on low in the crockpot, and I had a ton left over. So I’ve been using it up as much as possible. This is a great meal to share with friends. We do will be making this for our next Brunch date with friends. I can’t wait to make this for my Sister and B.I.L!
How to cook the best pork loin ever:
- Pork Loin- I have a Sam’s club membership and purchase mine from them. My hubby cuts it into 3-4 pieces and we freeze it. Costs around $13-14 and we get a ton of meals out of it.
- Vinegar- Ether white or Apple Cider (ACV) (about 1-2 cups)
- Sea Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Mustard Powder
What to do:
- Place your pork loin in the crockpot, you can do this with a frozen pork loin too. Do this in the morning. If thawed you can place it in around noon or even after work on high, but cooking it on high will dry it out some.
- Add about 1-2 cups of vinegar- You may want to add more later on depending on how its cooking.
- Add all of your seasonings
- Place on Low and Go
- I turn mine one-two times just to see how its cooking.
- It should fall apart and thats when you know it’s done. If it falls apart before you’re ready to eat you can allow it to sit in the vinegar in the crockpot for however long you would like on warm or low. It only keeps it moist and adds flavor.
- When you’re ready to eat- strain and pull apart the rest with a fork.
This usually last us a few meals- I did pulled pork on sweet potatoes for the first meal, pork tacos for the second, and then these delicious barbacoa breakfast tacos for the third.
Barbacoa Breakfast Tacos:
- Leftover pork
- Diced Fresh Tomatoes
- Tony Chachere’s Seasoning
- Cooking Oil- I use EVOO or Coconut oil
- Salt & Peper to taste
What to do:
- Brown your Meat in a cast iron skillet. You can add whatever seasoning you’d like and add the tomatoes
- On a frying pan heat your cooking oil and the pan until the cooking oil moves around freely.
- Place your tortilla on the pan and allow it to bubble up. Once browned flip over and brown the other side. Add a small dash of Tony Chachere’s to the cooked side while the other side is browning.
- One all of your tortillas have cooked cover to keep warm and fry your eegs on the same pan.
- Once your eggs are done build your tacos and enjoy!